What is the first destination that comes to your mind when you think of honeymoon? A hill station, right? Well, the sense of seclusion and romance is spelt nowhere better than a hill station. Our beautiful country is blessed with many hill retreats which are ideal for honeymooners. Here are our top picks of hill stations to visit with your beloved for the dream honeymoon in India.
- Ooty: Be it a romantic walk in the valley, a mountain trail, exploring the quaint hills or a boat ride, Ooty has it all for the newlywed couple. The hill station is rich in flora and fauna, thus allowing the couple spend some quality time in the lap of nature. Also, there are some beautiful hotels in Ooty which make the place a honeymooner’s paradise.
- Munnar: Situated in the Anamalai range of Kerala, Munnar is a beautiful hill station with a colonial touch. Here, the temperature remains pleasant throughout the year so there’s no dedicated time to be in Munnar. Some of the things you can do here are explore the lush hills and take a stroll along the stretches of tea plantation. If you are an adventure lover, you can even take your beloved for a trekking expedition.
- Kasauli: This is a serene and a beautiful hill station in Himachal Pradesh. A short drive from Chandigarh and you will land into this majestic land, where there’s breathtaking natural beauty. The old world charm of this hill station attracts hooneymoners from distant locations. If your wedding date is finalised, make your arrangements in advance and book one of the hotels in Kasauli for a pleasurable romantic holiday.
- Mount Abu: This is the only hill station in Rajasthan and is the most popular tourist and honeymoon destination. Exploring the countryside, spending time in the lush greenery and watching different species of birds, the couples can have some memorable days of seclusion in Mount Abu. So make your way to this hill station and your bond of marriage will surely strengthen over your stay here.
- Nainital: It is considered as one of the hottest honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand. View of the lakes, picturesque landscapes and walking on the roads just soaking in everything around you will make you want to extend your honeymoon period. This hill station has got everything that makes for a romantic getaway.
Honeymoon is the most special time for a couple to get to know eachother and spend some time away from the interfering relatives and work life. So head to your favourite location and make the most of your honeymoon.